Global Peace Foundation’s Organizational Development Associate is housed within the International Headquarters Organizational Development office and supervised directly by the Director. This position serves as administrative support to the Director, interfaces with the Headquarters Organizational Development Team Members, assists with prospect research, pipeline management and various projects. VIP and partner outreach, cultivation and stewardship are all important elements of the work portfolio, including managing lists, updates on “next steps”, tracking metrics, calendaring, and prepping for calls and meetings with stakeholders in the U.S. and across an impressive global network. This position requires excellent attention to detail and strategic thinking, as well as a positive outlook and proactive personality.
Producing excellent, outstanding quality content in the form of proposal content and other writing products is a core expectation, as are soft skills in interacting with donors and prospects. This is a unique position with growth opportunity for a person who can bring skills and talents to an international organization.
This position also serves as the Department’s CRM coordinator, managing data hygiene, data flow and performing a number of specific responsibilities related to database support for business processes and workflow, events and next step management. This position inputs data, ensures good hygiene, updates records, customizes and pulls reports, and understands workflow.
- Provides administrative support for the Director including assistance with calendar, travel arrangements, expense reports, correspondence, and other support tasks.
- Supports implementation of team projects, including donor engagement, stewardship and cultivation programs.
- Team player on proposal development plus small writing projects, such as correspondence, thank-you letters, emails, cover letters and notes. Technical writing capacity demonstrated by peace and security or international development sector is ideal.
- Clerical duties including mailing projects and records management.
- Ability to interact with external audiences, staff and constituents at all levels of the organization, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Supports fundraising team in managing the prospects pipeline at every step in the process.
- Serves as a liaison to other consumers of data, such as Communications, Office of Strategic Partnerships, other divisions and Chapters, including uploads of contacts, pulling of lists and reports for internal stakeholders.
- Maintains efficient, accurate hygienic data and queries, including monthly data entry audits and data entry.
The learning opportunity for the right person is significant: we have an impressive portfolio, so the candidate can expect to acquire significant experience with international work in the peace and security field, learn about global education and community development best practices, and also develop a much-in-demand skill set related to partnership development and communications / writing skills, as well as significant expertise in CRM Administration with Salesforce and various 3rd party applications.
- Passion for Global Peace Foundation’s peacebuilding mission
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent NGO and proposal development expertise
- 1-2 years of experience in fundraising, communications, development or other externally-oriented NGO or relationship-based business development
- Excellent teamwork, project management and collaborative work style
- Ability to meet established deadlines, attention to detail and prompt follow-through
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communications skills
- Experience with or knowledge of databases and CRM systems, such as Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, etc.
- Positive, proactive personality excited about engaging with many globally-minded stakeholders
Candidates - when you apply please include a short sample of professional writing in PDF format, along with cover letter in body of email and resume attached. In the cover letter show us your writing chops and tell us what makes you a top-notch, high-calibre candidate for GPF and for this position.