International Nonprofit seeks Mid-Level Development / Advancement Professional
East Africa - Resource Mobilization
Global Peace Foundation is an international nonprofit organization that promotes a proactive peace-building model based on universal principles and shared values as essential resources in creating harmonious communities, work places and schools.
Global Peace Foundation delivers programs that promote sustainable peace and development – including youth leadership development, global peace conferences, and a wide variety of development and educational programs in Africa, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the United States. We are headquartered in the Washington D.C. area, with more than 15 Chapters around the world.
This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Director of Organizational Development in the International headquarters and partnering with East African leaders to implement a global strategy on partnership and programmatic development. This position will be housed in Global Peace Foundation’s Kenya Chapter in Nairobi. Ideal position for a mid-level major gifts fundraiser, an international development professional looking to grow credentials, or an experienced relationship-sales professional with a marketing, financial services or high-value business development background looking to make a career change to the nonprofit field.
- Implements fundraising strategy, tracks “dashboard” progress and coordinates with global stakeholders and teams.
- Works with Chapter leaders to manage key relationships, supporting existing relationships as needed as well as fostering new stakeholders.
- Manages robust prospect pipelines, ratings for value and relationship, maintains various lists, updates on “next steps”, tracks metrics, performs calendaring, and preps and provides support for calls and meetings.
- Supports prospect research, relationship management and provides donor support with a focus on Kenya and East Africa.
- Small writing projects, such as correspondence, thank-you letters, emails, cover letters and notes.
- Leads process for proposal and concept note development, as needed, including updates of goals/outcomes/ deliverables frameworks and editing/translating policy staff draft language into donor-focused content.
- Leads process to develop donor-focused collateral materials, as needed, interfacing with design and communications staff and vendors, and translating policy and other outcomes into donor fact sheets and investment opportunities.
- Performs specific outreach functions, including prospecting and research.
- Interacts with external audiences, international staff and constituents at all levels of the organization, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
This is a unique position with growth opportunity for a person who can bring skills and talents to an international organization. Producing outstanding quality content is a core expectation, as are soft skills in interacting with donors and prospects. The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience with a demonstrated, transferable skill set. Experience in long-term, relationship sales cultivation cycles, marketing, and/or high-value fundraising required.
- Experience living/working in Kenya or East Africa, with international development background.
- Preferred - experience in being accountable for fundraising/revenue projections or sales targets.
- Effective and proactive strategic thinking skills.
- Outstanding and proactive organization skills for managing work portfolios and projects.
- Outgoing personality and excellent social skills in interactions with prospective donors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage up and present a positive, professional and engaging personality.
- Strong analytic abilities, attention to detail and prompt follow-through.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and manage personal to-do list with effective, efficient action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Concise, compelling communications-style writing voice.
- Computer proficiency and technical skills (MS Office, donor/CRM database, excel spreadsheets, email).
- Excellent written and spoken English required; other language skills a plus.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. GPF also offers its employees a competitive fringe benefits package.
TO RESPOND: reply to email@example.com. In the email body, please pitch yourself by writing a short, bulleted email responding to this question: what are the top three factors that make you an outstanding candidate for this position? Please attach your resume to the email. Thanks! No phone calls, please!
Global Peace Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer