You are here
Global Peace Leadership Forum (Ireland)
October 30, 2014 - October 31, 2014: Belfast, Ireland
October 31, Belfast | Forty diverse faith and community leaders gathered at the Sakinos Center in Belfast, Northern Ireland for a...
Posted on November 15, 2014
Faith traditions share principles and values that support the common good and against extremism around the world. What is the role of faith leaders in peace-building, and how do we engage diverse faith voices of moderation for more harmonious relationships?
The Global Peace Foundation and Cooperation Ireland are hosting a pivotal forum that draws together best-practices and challenges of interfaith cooperation in Ireland and Nigeria.
- Peacemaking and the Role of Faith Leaders
- Moral Authorities as Catalysts for Peacebuilding
- Cross-Community Engagement
- Professor John D. Brewer, Professor of Post Conflict Studies, Queens University Belfast, Institute for the Study of Conflict Transformation and Social Justice
- His Eminence Dr. Samuel Chukwuemeka Kanu Uche, Prelate of the Methodist Church of Nigeria
- Bishop Sunday Onuoha, Executive Director, Nigerian Inter-Faith Action
- Dr. Gary Mason, Director, Journey Towards Healing Discussion
- Bishop Joseph Bagobiri,Roman Catholic Diocese of Kafanchan, Kaduna State, Nigeria
- H.H.Alhaji Zubair Jibril Maigwari II,
- Ameer of Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna State, Nigeria
- Mr. Peter Sheridan, CEO, Co-operation Ireland
- Mr. Padraig O’Tauma, Corrymeela Comunity