By Naomi Yakawich
The Global Peace Convention is returning to where it all started: Manila, Philippines
Here are 5 Reasons why I'm making my way to the Philippines this February 28th through March 3rd:
- Expand my Network: The Global Peace Convention is a magnet for international, high caliber, peace-building leaders. Attending the convention is an opportunity to network with multi-sector leaders, policy-makers, civic activists, and youth leaders from around the globe.
- Get specific with what I can do for Peace: With a variety of tracks, I can be a part of peace-making efforts in the sectors I am most passionate about:
- Support Korean Reunification: The One Dream One Korea campaign will be featured at the GPC with a star-studded K-Pop concert.
- Meet exemplary leaders who are making a difference: The 2017 Global Peace Awards gala will honor government, civil society, and faith leaders whose efforts have significantly improved the life of others.
- Be a part of the peacebuilding youth movement: The 2017 Global Youth Summit will be a space for young leaders to share ideas and utilize our diverse skill-sets, knowledge, and networks to effectively address the persistent problems we face today.
See you there!